Pete Earthlé, IdeasNConversations @IdeasN
We enjoyed the beautiful Summer with numerous hot weather, outings, adventures, visited places, picnics, get together with families and friends, cocktails and specially cooked meals.
On the other hand, we also enjoyed the fruits of our labors through gardening. My Spring and Summer vegetables and flower gardens were very productive. We enjoyed the fresh produce that we got from the garden daily.
One of the many Summer escapades that I enjoyed most is the annual planting of my Dahlias and other summer flowers. From tubers to growing bush until they show-off their complex beauty that comes with colors, textures of their petals and arrangements.
I am sharing below some of those flowers that were truly magnificent which adorned our front and back yard garden. Our neighbors, visiting friends and passersby were admiring them with pleasure.
Tips in creating a lovely Dahlia garden:
- Find a healthy tuber from friends or from a Dahlia grower
- If you can, identify their names and colors (there are varieties of Dahlias)
- Plant them at location that is exposed to sun preferably or partly shady
- Make sure you will alternate their colors to enjoy a wonderful show of multicolored flowers during Summer through Fall season
- Regularly water them to sustain continuing blooms; regularly dead head those that withered to encourage more flowers
- Before the first frost during the Fall season, dig up your tubers, clean them then store them in a cool and dry location, then plant them again in early to mid Spring. Other Dahlia growers they don’t dig them, they cover them with hay during the cold weather particularly in locations where zero degrees or below temperature are experienced.
At any time you may have questions about growing Dahlias successfully, please send us your message at the bottom of the article and will be happy to answer them for you. Your participation with this article is appreciated always. Others can also learn through our interactive communication. Thank you.